Sadly I made a full 2 trays of them with dark chocolate before finding out that it really overpowered the filling :( had just enough fondant left to make 6 milk chocolate versions, much better! I was worried the Monin syrups wouldn't be strong enough, but these came out zesty and very passion fruity!
Want to make you own? Ok here's how!
- 3Tbsp Passion Fruit Syrup
- 3Tbsp Heavy Cream
- Yellow food Coloring
- 2 Cups packed down, confectioners sugar (10oz)
- Enough milk or white chocolate for melting and filling your mold
- Candy Mold
- Mix Cream, syrup and 2 drops of food coloring into a bowl
- Sift the confectioners sugar to remove lumps, and slowly mix into the cream and syrup mixture till it forms a soft paste.
- Next melt your chocolate (double boiler or chocolate melter, never over direct heat!), once it's nice and melted paint the mold with a layer of chocolate, and put in the fridge to set up.
- Now transfer your cream filling to a pastry bag with a 1/2" nozzle and pipe the filling into your chocolate shells still in the mold.
- Fill the rest of the molds with the melted chocolate and tap a few times on the counter top to level the chocolate and remove air bubbles.
- Put your molds back in the fridge to fully set up. Turn them out and wow your friends!