Now I can see my hopes for a knighthood sliping away as I type, and Bettie's tearoom isn't going to go out of business anytime soon, but my Bisquick scones were pretty darn good for throwing something from a box into a bowl with some milk!
To make Follow the biscuit/dumpling recipe...
- 2 1/4 cups Bisquick
- 2/3 cups Milk
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup sugar (optional)
- Mix Bisquick, raisins and milk in a large bowl till combined (and 1/4 cup sugar if you like em sweeter)
- Kneed dough about 10 times on a Bisquick dusted surface
- Roll out to about 1/2" thick
- Cut into 2"-3" rounds (or something prettier)
- Brush a little milk over the top and sprinkle with sugar (optional)
- Bake for 8-10 mins at 450F or till golden brown