Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Happy Soda

One of my favorite flavors in the world is Pandan. I've run into it a lot in Vietnamese and Indonesian cooking. it's kinda of like a more floral vanilla flavor. I love it in deserts, and I love it even more in soda!

One of the most delicious sodas I've ever had was listed as "Happy Soda" at my local Indonesian restaurant. called Soda Gambria in Indonesia it's a little bit like a richer NY egg cream. a similar idea, flavor syrup, soda water, and instead of just regular milk, it's made with sweetened condensed milk which gives it a much thicker creamier taste.

You can make it with pretty much any syrup that tickles your fancy but my favorite flavor is either pandan (green) or cocopandan (pink). Here's how to mix one up at home...

Ingredients:
  • 15ml Cocopandan syrup
  • 1tbs Sweetened condensed milk
  • 8oz Soda water
Drop your syrup and condensed milk into a regular 8oz glass, fill it up with soda water and stir stir stir!!! Once it's all mixed in you have your self a dream if a drink! I'm not much of a sweet tooth, so you might want to try it with more syrup or condensed milk to make it sweeter and/or richer. However you mix it up though I know you'll love it!

2 comments:

  1. I love these soda recipes even more now that I get to actually try them. I sat down and watched all of the show "The Supersizers..." and I got the BIGGEST kick when they did the seventies and they had the old soda stream. It reminded me of you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have all of those taped! We watched the Elizabethan one over the weekend. I'm now super excited to see the 70's one!!

      Delete

 

Based on layout and code by Lena