Sunday, October 28, 2012

Soda Streamline

Yesterday was Sodastream shopping (RIP original Sodastream, you served us well over the years buddy), and after being in a bit of a fashion funk lately a perfect excuse to get all dolled up and head to the mall like all the cool kids do.

Been in the middle of a serious 1920's-1930's kick lately, I've always loved the styles, but found my equal love of all things 50's a more natural fit for my body type, which has had me shy away from earlier vintage styles. In the middle of my usually super mid century style wardrobe (which I realize I haven't been photographing much lately), this little outfit has been my main outlet for earlier decade fashion fixes! Mostly from a new collection coming out in a few weeks with other goodies it was nice to wear something new from my little studio again. Really excited to get some earlier vintage styles into my life, Not sure a lot of 20's 30's fashions are a super natural fit for what nature gave me, but I love playing out with them so who cares!

Outfit Rundown:
Blouse & Trousers: Vivcore (coming soon)
Pearls: Vivcore Society Pearl necklace in Navy with the white bracelet as an extender
Lipstick: Besame Merlot
Hair: A bit of a quick messy attempt, but curled on hot sticks and pinned under for a faux bob look (never enough commitment for the crop!)

6 comments:

  1. Love the outfit! Looking forward to seeing them in the shop. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Me to, I just need to finish up the 2nd blouse then get the update up.

      Delete
  2. Do you have a tutuorial for how to pin your hair under? It looks so cute, and nicer than just putting my hair in a ponytail!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can certainly write one! It wasn't that hard, mostly just curled it first then arranged it into a bob and held it all under with bobby pins.

      I found a listing for a simple little device used to get the look in the 1930's I'm going to try recreate too which should be even faster. I'll let you know when I have some tutorials up for the look!

      Delete
  3. So pretty! I love your little moving pic too...it reminds me of Harry Potter. (smiles)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahah I see what you mean now about Harry Potter!

      Delete

 

Based on layout and code by Lena