Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Operation 2012

Whilst a new year is pretty much the same as any new day, it always feels like a good point for a fresh start.

To blast this year off right, I'm writing down a few things I want to do more of this year to push myself and challenge myself with for a successful, fulfilling 2012!

  1. Shameless Self promotion. I have a hard time putting myself forward, but this year I'm going to work harder at promoting myself and my label. I'm starting the year with another bit in Vogue (UK) so that's going to be my starting point!
  2. Keep up with blog and zine sites. I have so many things I'd love to share, and so many planned articles from last year that never got written. I hope to try and find more time to work at keeping Quaintrelle Life, Dolly Datdream and even Kanzahicore updated and fun to Visit.
  3. Make something crazy. I want to finally invest in an insanely extravagant show piece. I've had ideas for years but always been shy of investing the insane time and capital needed to bring such a project to life.
  4. Be more social. I can be a bit of a work hermit online and in person, I'm going to take more time to be a social butterfly and better enjoy the wonderful people and opportunities I have around me. ( all work and no play and all that jazz)
  5. More lingerie. I love exquisite underwear, lounge wear, corsets, petticoats, etc... This year I'm going to explore these much deeper and get further in touch with my decadent lacy side!
  6. Get fitter. I let a lot slide this past year, but I hope a positive start this year will help me get back on the wagon and take better care of myself. I fell better when I do and it gives me more energy for the things in life I don't neglect.

Every day is a good day to make a resolution, and start making a positive change. We can take a look at ourselves at any point and decide on changes to make our lives more the way we want them to be. I know I'll be finding new resolutions and challenges to take on every day of year, but for right now these are a few of the things I'd like to see and do for myself to make 2012 a collection of days I can look back on happily come 2013 :).

2 comments:

  1. I cannot agree with you more. I love your site and your designs and look forward to seeing more. It is also a good idea to get out and about more be among people and that is top of my list this year.
    Take care, keep safe, be happy
    Beverley
    www.beverleylovestosew.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are absolutely right, and it should at least be a fun resolution to stick to for both of us!

    ReplyDelete

 

Based on layout and code by Lena