Originally I was going to try some flashy little bite sized treats, but it looked so good in my new Fishs Eddy bowl that I decided getting it to set was a feat in itself, and I went with the English childhood classic, Jelly & Ice Cream! (that's Jello and ice cream to my American chums). Every one here thinks it's weird but I swear it's great!
Lychee and Elderflower Jelly and Ice Cream
- 1/4 cup Lychee syrup
- 1/4 cup Elderflower syrup
- 1/2cup Water
- 1 Envelope Knox plain gelatin
- Sprinkle gelatin over 4tbs water in a small sauce pan and leave for about 5min
- Heat water in larger saucepan to make a water bath, float the smaller pan of gelatin in the water bath and heat gently till gelatin is fully dissolved. Shake occasionally but do not stir to avoid bubbles.
- Once gelatin is dissolved mix in your syrups along with 1/2 a cup of water and stir gently to combine.
- Pour mixture into a bowl or mold.
- Serve along with a scoop of your favorite ice-cream (or in this case frozen custard )
- Feel like a fancy kid.